Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"prison break" cat.................

Wow he is driving me nuts. He does not want to be a house cat and he is determined to piss me off so much that I let him out and about again at night. I can't I want to so much I need to sleep I need to open the windows, but I have a responsibility to this cat and I love him. He is allowed out during the day now but after his dinner and evening stroll he is kept inside for the night. Boy does that cause trouble. He sits on window sills and bangs on the windows the dogs think somebody is trying to break in and they run around like crazy. He knocks things over, I am sure to get me to get up and play with him and spend time with him. He calls me, and Thomas has always been a silent cat only talking now and then. Now he talks all the time. He tries all sorts of things and though it is endearing and funny now, at 3am it isn't quiet so amusing. I am protecting him but he is going bats at the same time. Last night was freezing here and he actually slept on my bed until 2.37am when his antics began. He ended up being locked in the study again and I felt terrible, but he came out all loving and purring again this morning waiting to be let out the front door. Last I saw of him before I left for work was him sharpening his claws on a huge wooden reel (the ones used for metal cabling) that we have in the back yard. Happy to be FREE...........I am loath to let him roam at night anymore, but on the other hand he is 7 years old and has always been an outdoor cat and night is his favorite time. Lucky it is getting cooler now he stays home more in winter. O what to do???

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Heh heh... he is such a personality!