Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So I found my "balls" today..............

I am so proud of myself I stuck up for "me" for once in my life and in a mature and rational manner. I have been at this branch for two years and two months. There is a woman here that has back stabbed and picked on me since the day I got here. She is so bad that the previous Branch Manager even told the MD of the company how badly she treats me. Well I tried long and hard and we came to a working relationship, but this woman gossips about everyone behind their backs and I happened to find out that she was still doing it to me. I don't generally mix much at work, I keep it to business mostly and I keep to myself (this causes people to gossip I know), anyway she sent a rude email to my boss about me and copied me. He called us both into the Branch Managers office and I let them have it. In a cool extra polite manner I explained that I was tired of being spoken about as she doesn't even know me and she has no right to talk about me. I said I was perfectly willing to be polite and business like at work and not allow this to interfere with the working environment but I would have nothing further to do with her except business. I also said she must get out of my face and leave me alone and did not want to hear that she has been talking about me ever again. She tried to deny it half heatedly but I argued that she talks about everyone including me and she kept quiet after that. Both managers called me afterwards and said I did the right thing and it was about time I stuck up for myself.

This might sound like a childish post or a stupid one. But here is the thing, I don't like confrontation & I don't like office gossip, I don't mix at work for that reason. I work very hard and I am very busy I don't even have time for this kind of rubbish. Plus I am mature and intelligent and have a life so I don't need to worry about what others are doing in theirs. I have NEVER stuck up for myself like this before I usually get all upset and stay in my office and calm down, I allow people to walk over me. Not only at work but in other situations too. Today was a MILESTONE in my life. I felt so good afterwards I was shaking with rage, but nobody saw I was angry; I was calm and polite and professional. I have had enough of this BS!!!

3 comments:

BioniKat said...

Well done Lulu! I'm proud of you. Bullies like that need to dealt with on behalf of all their victims. I don't think you'll have trouble with her again.

AngelConradie said...

Well done girl!!!

Brigitte said...

yeah!! You go girl!!