Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm ready for change.............

I have thought long and hard about the last two years and the direction my life has been taking. I was always somewhat career driven and have for most of my career been in management roles which makes this current position somewhat hard to swallow. Not that I am a snob or that I mind being an a "level" with other people I just can't think like a normal employee I think like a supervisor and it doesn't make me popular with the management or the staff. I am professional at work I work hard I find ways to improve things, I change systems etc if they need changing. All the while the managers are taking the credit.

So where to from here? I have been promised a lot of things that never happen, I guess in a way it is my own fault because I assume the roles and do the things even though I don't have the position, I do more than my job spec because I like things to rum smoothly and because I can and know how to. Basically I am being exploited and because I have never been very good at sticking up for myself or selling my strong points I have allowed it to happen.

I am on a big drive to further my career and am applying for positions all over the country I am willing to relocate if I have to in order to get back on track. I have had some really positive calls and feedback and it is boosting my confidence and making me realise that their is life after xxxxxx (my employer). I know times are tough right now but I also know no matter how long it takes this will happen for me and I will get the opportunity I am looking for.

Basically I love small town life but I am not satisfied with my job and career. If I have to give up the life style to get my career back on track I am willing to do so. I wasn't at first but I am now, maybe I can have both, maybe I can't but now I have another option and I am going for it!

6 comments:

Martha said...

I really hope you find what you are looking for.
I only know you from reading your posts but you do seem unsettled at present.
Then again you have had a hard time recently.
Life is never all bad or all good so by the law of averages your luck has simply gotta change.
Thinking about you all the way over here in Scotland xxxx

lulu said...

You dont know how much your support means to me! You always have wise words for me and I appreciate it. I was transfered here with a lot of false promises from the ex branch manager and I never wanted to admit I made a mistake (even if it wasnt rally my fault) but now I have admitted it to ME and Im ready to fix it. My new boss just told me there are going to be "changes" told him Ive heard that before he he. So lets see.

Spear The Almighty said...

Go for it! Good luck! We spend so much time of our life at working, we should do something we like.

AngelConradie said...

You are taking steps! Thats awesome!

Brigitte said...

Well, wherever your new decision takes you I know you will be a valuable asset to your new employer. Especailly as you now know you want more from wherever you end up you will do everything differently - right? Right. Good luck!!!!

AngelConradie said...

Come see! I have something for you!!!